Learn about our legislative priorities and other supported issues and find out more ways to get involved. Our advocacy work is directed and powered by our members.
3 Ways You Can Make a Difference:
- Become a PTSA Member: By becoming a PTSA member, you add to the impact we can make! Our Washington State PTA team works to promote issues important to you in Olympia. Your membership increases our numbers, which adds more weight to our advocacy efforts in the eyes of our legislators.
- Contact Your STATE Legislators as a PTSA Member and Share Our Washington State PTA Legislative Platform: By adding your voice to those PTA members already working on your behalf, you raise the volume of our requests and help make sure our legislators know these issues are truly a priority for ALL of us.
- Contact Your STATE Legislators as a Parent and Community Member to Share Your Own, Personal Concerns, Stories, and Opinions: While as PTSA members we legally must share the official stances and platform, as individual constituents we always have the right to speak our own opinions and add weight to the grassroots interest in these important topics.
2022 LWSD Education Levies
Two replacement levies and one capital construction levy were on the February 8, 2022 ballot. The Educational Programs and Operations (EP&O) levy and a School Technology and Capital Projects Levy both replace levies that expire in 2022 and fund staff, programs, early learning, and technology; and help ensure our school buildings are safe and maintained. The Building Excellence Construction Levy funds facility construction projects to accommodate our rapid enrollment growth and continue to provide learning environments that promote excellence for students.
Blackwell PTSA endorsed the three levies that appeared on the February 8th ballot.
Volunteers waved signs on Feb 7th, 2022 in support of the levies.
washington legislative priorities 2020-2022
The top five legislative priorities for 2020-2022 include:
- Increase access to nursing, mental health, and social emotional learning staff
- Support students and preserve education funding
- Increasing educational equity by closing the digital divide
- Supports and funding for students with disabilities and their families
- Prevent and reduce gun violence and suicide
Other supported issues include:
- Equitable identification and services for highly capable students
- Mitigating the adverse impacts of climate change
- Safe school plans and emergency preparedness
Blackwell PTSA: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lake Washington PTSA: email@example.com
Washington State PTA: firstname.lastname@example.org
National PTA: email@example.com
Resources & Links