Blackwell PTSA is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that serves the Elizabeth Blackwell Elementary School community in Sammamish, Washington. As a member-based organization, we rely on membership, volunteers, donations, and fundraising efforts to meet the tenets of our mission.
We are committed to:
- Advocating for the education, health, and welfare of Blackwell students
- Supporting the needs of Blackwell teachers and staff
- Bringing together Blackwell families with teachers in partnership
- Serving the greater Sammamish community.
Blackwell PTSA bridges the gaps when federal and state budgets fall short.
We advocate for all students.
Blackwell PTSA is a member of the Washington State PTA, the oldest and largest nonprofit grassroots children’s advocacy association in Washington state. Together, we influence legislation to promote quality in education, and the health, safety, and well-being of our students.
We support the education of our children.
Blackwell PTSA offers education and grants for our teachers, curriculum aids for our classrooms, and programs such as Math Challenge and art programs.
We promote community.
Blackwell PTSA provides enrichment programs for children and parents through partner organizations and speakers, social events, a student directory, and spirit wear. We undertake service projects for the surrounding community and offer health-related events.
We give back.
Blackwell PTSA offers several opportunities throughout the year for Blackwell students and families to assist others.
Our goals for the 2022-2023 school year are to:
- Engage the school community through events
- Foster diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Increase advocacy efforts